Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rock Mushrooms

I made these out of creek rocks. I glued a 3/4 inch copper cap onto each rock and then slipped it onto a piece of copper pipe that was stuck in the ground. I plan to make many more of these. They are so easy to make and fun to see poking around in the garden. I spent two mornings at the creek looking for perfect rocks to use on this project. I could spend a lot more time looking because there are so many to see.
I am trying to decide how to make a larger rock mushroom next. I found a great rock for one.
The copper will age to a nice patina in time and blend in with the landscape. The only expense for me was the copper caps. They cost around between 40 and 80 cents a piece but I love how it looks with the copper!





post signature

11 comments:

tina said...

Very artistic. The rocks look great indeed. I love the copper. I can see them in my garden for sure.

Brighid said...

What a great idea. You Rock.

My Little Family: said...

You are such a clever girl!

How did Jack survive the fireworks? Miss Daisey was freaked out.

Amy said...

I love it!

Jesikarena said...

Thats great! They look so earthy!

Crafty Gardener said...

delightful mushrooms

Shabby Cottage Collectibles said...

You are one talented lady! Warm wishes, Esther

Brenda said...

Oh Cindee, so cute! You really need to write a book about these things! I just am continually amazed!
Brenda

Lola said...

Great looking mushrooms Cindee. I could go for a couple like that. Just need to get some copper.
I hope you & family had a great 4th.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Great idea. I love how they look in your garden.

Sandy

The Japanese Redneck said...

I like them. What about using a tree stump as the stem for your larger rock.
Ramona