Thursday, June 18, 2009

Todays Blooms

It has been a busy week so I haven't had time to get much blogging in.
Hope everyone is enjoying their gardening time! The weather here has been outstanding and I am spending as much time outside as possible. Life is grand!(-:










A quick peek at the shoe garden.







My brother rescued me 4 of these shaped mosaic torch lights and 3 short ones. I love them! Someone obviously did not!(-: I stuck them around the garden and plan on lighting them when I am sitting outside in the evening(-:


I added a stick to this star and used it as a plant poke(-: Simple craft and I plan to make more! I found instuctions in a BHG magazine (Garden Ideas March 2009) on how to put together stars made out of branches to add to your pots and I think that would be a cute idea for the 4th of July.
I just need to get some small finishing nails to use.
So many ideas...so little time...(-:
*****Don't forget tomorrow is Friday...and that means its time to feed the hungry flowers(-:
Speaking of hungry...I am off to have lunch! Have a great afternoon!!!!

post signature

12 comments:

tina said...

Love the torch lights and your daylilies. It is looking pretty good here too. Wonderful gardening to you!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Those little stars are darling, and what a find those torches are!
Your day lillies are beautiful; I have lilly envy!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

I love the torch lights and all of the other little touches in your garden. It's so quaint and beautiful! -Jackie

RainGardener said...

Jackie is right it is quaint and beautiful. It all looks great in bloom. Linda

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tina,
Thanks. I do too(-:

Hi Nola,
I can't wait to make some more stars(-: Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hi Ellie Mae's Cottage,
Thank You!(-:

Hi RainGardener,
Thanks!(-:

Brighid said...

What a cute idea for the stars. My daughter just got me a string of solar lighted stars for the umbrella on the deck. Any suggestions on other ways to use them?
Loved your pics.

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee girl ... you are so darn creative it is astounding ! I used to have those types of twig stars (bought them in Holland) for some reason I don't have them any more and they would have been great in the garden ! darn it !
I am curious to know what the blue flower is second from the top ??
Joy

Meadowview Thymes said...

Cindee--I love this blog! You are so creative and have the most wonderful garden! I have such little time for gardening (and blogging!)--it is such a delight to visit you each day or so and see what is going on in your yard!
Hugs!
Linda/MT

The Japanese Redneck said...

Great rescue. The stars are too cute. Gave me the idea of trying to create a few different shapes to use.

The shoe garden is neat. I love it when there is a theme. All the different planted shoes really bring it together.

Have a good weekend Cindee.

Ramona

CiNdEe said...

Hi Brighid,
Thanks for stopping by(-:
I think your lights will look great hanging on your umbrella! I love stars! The solar is great because you don't have to mess with an extension cord!

Hi Joy,
I have seen those stars at Michaels too. The ones I am going to make are not with the grapevine in the middle just the twigs(-: Should be pretty easy to do you just hammer them together(-:
The blue flower is an agapanthus. Its a nice summer blooming plant. It gets big though!

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
What a nice thing to say! Thanks!
I enjoy your blog too!! We like a lot of the same things(-:

Hi Japanese Redneck,
Thanks!
The shoe garden was a fun thing to do. I saw pictures of the garden in San Fransisco and really wanted to do something like that. Shoes make great planters for succulents because they are so shallow. I found that the fake shoe material holds up a lot longer then leather shoes do. Cheap shoes last, expensive shoes rot...LOL(-:
You could make a lot of different shapes with twigs(-: If they were green you could bend them really easy to create round shaped items too! I just bought some little nails so I can get to work today creating some stars!(-:

Jesikarena said...

Your daylilies are BEAUTIFUL!!

CiNdEe said...

Hi Jesikarena,
Thank You! And... thanks for stopping by!!