»

Thursday, June 25, 2009

These are my new rock beds. I gathered rocks for free and laid them around the trees. The soil was 1 Cent!
Long story short, my husband found a 20 dollar bill on the ground in a parking lot the other day. He looked around and there was no one anywhere near that it could have dropped from. So he kept it(-: I mean like what are you going to do... go back into the store and ask if anyone dropped $20.00 in the parking lot? Yeah didn't think so...so.....anyhow he gave it to me to buy the soil with.(-: I went to the landscaping materials store and got a 1/2 yard of soil which totaled 20.03. I didn't have any change (how weird is that?) except one penny! The guy said no problem he had a cup of pennies on the counter for situations like this. (how sweet was that?) So, the whole thing was only 1 cent.
I am calling this my One Cent Garden! I moved a few garden ornaments and I planted a few transplants from around the yard already. I have a lot more to do but this is the basic thing. I love things that are free, but 1 cent...how can I complain? Well my back is complaining from all the lifting and moving of the rocks and dirt but oh well...(-: I am happy(-:





post signature

13 comments:

tina said...

Looks good!

perennialgardener said...

Thrifty & great looking! Can't beat that! ;)

Jamie and Randy said...

That's a hard bargain to beat!--Randy

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I love to see beautiful thrifty projects! Just goes to show what you can do with very little. It turned out great, pat yourself on the back. And how sweet of hubby to share his good fortune with you!

Kathleen said...

You can't beat that price! It looks great too.

Sheila said...

It is surely a good luck garden!

Brenda said...

You sure make the cutest things, Cindee! What a story.
Brenda

Paris said...

Hey...that looks pretty nifty! Love it! =)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your sweet note and info to help me with my health issues.

Miss you! **hugs**

Meadowview Thymes said...

Great idea! I love all rocks and stones! You know..sedums would sure look good here! :)

flowergardengirl said...

Lucky dog! I like the grasshopper and that looks like really yummy soil.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tina,
Thanks!!!

Hi Perennialgardener,
Thank You!

Hi Randy,
It was a great deal(-:

Hi Nola,
Thanks! I am happy with how it turned out(-:

Hi Kathleen,
Thank You!

Hi Sheila,
It is a good luck garden(-:

Hi Brenda,
Thanks!(-:

Hi Paris,
Thank You for stopping by! I have missed you too! (((hugs)))

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
I did plant sedums in the planters today. I have a lot of sedums around the yard so I just dug up some and transplanted them(-:

Hi flowergarden girl,
Thanks,
The soil is very nice(-: I have had that grasshopper for a long time. We had a terrible grasshopper invasion. They were literally crawling all over the house, ground etc. You couldn't walk anywhere without them all over you. It was the worst thing I ever saw. It was before the digital camera. I wish I had pictures to share that was something! Anyhow I got the grasshopper as a reminder of that!

Julie said...

Love these...so cute with gnome and mushrooms! Right up my alley!

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee ... I am going out today and I hope to find a BARGAIN also ? LOL
Great little garden you have there and I love the "little people" !!