Saturday, June 20, 2009

Chicken Pen Cleaning and a Road Trip

I got up at the crack of dawn to get the "girls" and "G"s' pen spiffy clean! How clean can you clean a chicken pen anyhow? They make quite the mess. It's a huge pen for the girls and G but they still manage to destroy every inch of it within a short time. I love them to pieces though and they lay such beautiful eggs how can I complain?(-:
"G" is my rooster as you probably guessed and he was in hiding until just a couple months ago. He doesn't really look like a rooster and he sure did not act like one if you know what I mean! Also, he never crowed one time in the two years we had him...until a couple months ago. One morning when I went to let them out, I heard what sounded like a cry for help! It was pathetic to say the least! Since then though "G" has been practicing and he is getting better! I guess he was just worried that he might be a special meal if he voiced his opinion! Silly guy, he must know we would never eat one of our pets!(-:
So, anyhow, no time for pictures this morning as I am off on a road trip. I shall post later this evening of my "treasures" if I find any(-:
TTFN!!!!

post signature

13 comments:

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Happy treasure hunting!

Sheila said...

We have chickens in the yard behind us and I love to hear the rooster crow, although not everyone in the house agrees with me! Have a nice weekend!

Florida Sue said...

I so wish I could have chickens. My yard is big enough, the bylaws are in my favor, but we have a huge neighborhood red shouldered hawk. I watched him yesterday grab a mockingbird and fly off with it. Hope you have a happy road trip...

CiNdEe said...

Hi Nola,
I found lots of rocks and some nice plants! It was a fun day!!!

Hi Sheila,
I love to hear a rooster crow too. I am glad ours is finally starting to crow(-:

Hi Florida Sue,
We have lost a lot of chickens to hawks. We put netting over their pen now so they can't be nabbed. It is sad when that happens!

My Little Family: said...

When I lived in the suburbs of Seattle our neighbor had a rooster that I believe was probably a grown up Easter chick. Anyway, it would perch on the fence about 4ft from my bedroom window and start crowing everyday at sunrise. I had unhealthy thoughts about that rooster for months before it disappeared - I had nothing to do with the disappearance. I am thinking it was because it was bothering the owner's children.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Ohhhh--I hope you find lots of treasures to share with us!

CiNdEe said...

Hi My Little Family,
I can understand crowing next to your bedroom window would not be a good thing. My chicken pen is out back. I wake up at the crack of dawn anyhow without the crowing! LOL

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
I did find some Rocks and plants!

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee girl .. That must have been funny to hear ! .. I just saw Wyatt in the bowl on your side bar and I'm still laughing !
I love rock hunting !! pictures please !!!

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Can hardly wait to see the goodies you bring back from your road trip. New and fresh ideas I cannot wait.

Julie said...

Good luck on your treasure hunt!!! Wish I could go with you! That is FUN in my book for sure!!!

The Japanese Redneck said...

Those roosters are so funny sounding the first time they crow. You just can't describe it.

Ramona

Judy Butler said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I love yours as well. My husband is crazy about Sedum. It is all over our yard. I think this may be the next Cactus Monday idea. I grew up with chickens in the back yard and want to have little cute one in mine. But I cannot talk my husband into it. Judy

CiNdEe said...

Hi Joy,
Yes Wyatt is a little brat and loves to lay and wait for a potential victim under the bird feeder or near by!

Hi Hocking Hills Gardener,
I have been busy unloading and placing rocks since I got home. I need a truck load of potting soil so I can plant some flowers now!
I love rocks(-:

Hi Julie,
It is fun to go searching for things. I did find many rocks and some old branches(-: I found some new plants at the nurseries we stopped at too...had to get them!

Hi Judy Butler,
Thanks for stopping by! You are such a wonderful artist! I love all your drawings! What a wonderful gift you have!
Years ago I had a lady sketch a picture of my daughter. It was so good and I still have it hanging in my livingroom! It just amazes me how someone could do that!
Chickens are fun but they are destructive for sure. Thats why mine are in a pen! I love them but I don't want my yard to be destroyed!(-: They get tons of scraps and they are all very happy!