Monday, June 15, 2009

CaCtUs MoNdAy

Happy Cactus Monday Everyone!
Please be sure to stop by and say hi to Teri The host of Cactus Mondays!

Here are my pictures for today...

I planted these dutch clogs yesterday. I painted the little sign to go in them too. Shoes were a flea market find for 2 dollars(-: The older Dutch couple I bought them for said there is a reason behind the wooden clog. It was meant to keep boyfriends in line! A knock upside the head and that always worked. They were a crack up! The guy also said they were worn in the snow! The wood was an insulator and kept the feet warm. Interesting story!(-: Anyhow now they will reside in my shoe garden!(-:


I also got the little kids shoes for 3 dollars! Not sure why they cost more but they are cute!


I have had this old whatever it is for several years. Another rescue from my brother. I planted it with String of Pearl plant. It seems to like it in there(-:


This barrel cactus is planted in an old bbq. It bloomed or is getting ready to. I haven't seen it open yet. It is quite a pretty bloom when it is fully open!

Succulents in an old wooden washer. The washer is a rescue from my brother for Christmas(-: I love it and planted it with different succulents and some silver falls dichondra which fills in nicely and hangs down the sides by the middle of summer. I like to think of it as the bubbles(-:
This washer stands proudly next to my chicken pen(-:




post signature

21 comments:

Outside In said...

What a great way to display Hens and Chicks, Love it!
Happy Cactus Monday!

The Japanese Redneck said...

I love that little bitty pot on top of your sign. All your cactus are cute.

I bet it's neat having a brother that finds/creates neat stuff for your garden.

Ramona

Jan (Thanks For 2 Day) said...

wow-your succulents are amazing Cindee! I think that 'whatever it is' loks like a Sherlock Holmes pipe! I have a pair of dutch wooden clogs...I don't think I'd put them outside because the rain would hurt them after a while. I actually got mine while we were in Holland back in the '80's, and they are hand-painted with petite flowers. It's a cute idea to have a Shoe Garden!

marianne said...

Such nice plants ! So inventive to use clogs as pots! Fun to see (I'm from the Netherlands...)

HCM!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I love your use of the wooden shoes, too cute!
The string of pearls looks lovely in it's new planter, too.

soulbrush said...

how innovative, i love them. happy cactus monday fellow cactuteer.

Wicky Woo said...

The old wooden washer is my favourite although I'm also a fan of the shoes, too!

Teri C said...

Your planters are fabulous!!! So creative and so unique!!! Love each one.

HCM!

Julie said...

OMG! What beautiful succulent containers...and that filled in barrel is stunning!!!!! Gosh...I am jealous of how well they grow there!
Happy CM!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy Cactus Monday. You have a great collection of succulents and cactus.

Dee said...

I love all your creative displays! I think the clogs are fabulous!

CiNdEe said...

Hi Outside In,
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Cactus Monday to you too!!!

Hi Japanese Redneck,
Glad you enjoyed the little pot. I had a hard time getting that thing on there. I finally drilled a hole and screwed it on. Every other atempt at gluing didn't work!
I am glad my brother finds me cool things and makes me cool stuff!!!!

Hi Jan,
Thanks for stopping by!!!
I have another pair of clogs in the shoe garden that I have had since I started the shoe garden. I painted them and they have held up pretty good. I got them at a yard sale. I think they make a fun planter(-: I also got one shoe at the flea market a while back. When I was looking online at the Dutch clogs I found out that that one clog was called a wedding clog. I wonder where the other one went!(-:

Hi Marianne,
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the post!
Happy Cactus Monday to you!!!

Hi Nola,
Thank You! HCM!

Hi Soulbrush,
Thank You for stopping by! HCM to you!!!

Hi Wicky Woo,
Thanks for stopping by! The old washer is a cool thing! I had never seen one before. Happy Cactus Monday to you!!!!

Hi Teri C,
Thanks for stopping by! HCM to you!!!!!

Hi Julie,
Thank You for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! I am glad you enjoyed the post! HCM to you!!!

Hi Lisa at Greenbow,
Thanks! HCM to you!!!!

Hi Dee,
Thank You! HCM!!!!!

Garden Mad said...

I love the photos - I used to work in Holland and lots of people planted up old clogs - there are some huge ones - for big feet or gardens?

Meadowview Thymes said...

Love the plants and the little sign! Do you water your succulents and cactus much? I know they are way drought tolerant, but sometimes mine look pretty dry.

Tootsie said...

I love all the different ways you did these plants!!! Especially the shoes!

yoon see said...

I have never seen such a beautiful images of cactus grows in the decorative shoe and pipe...
Just make me laugh!
Sorry to drop by late and HCM!

Jamie said...

Love that barrel! Always so nice to see your garden!

creekside rummager said...

I really liked the "whatever it is". It looked very interesting. Good use.

flowergardengirl said...

Cindee it's so great to visit you and see so many fresh ideas. There is a little itty bitty cactus in the shoe sign isn't there? Funny story about the knock up side the head. It would hurt huh? I can't imagine wooden shoes being comfortable but they probably were good insulators.

Brenda said...

Cindee, you really need to send your photos of your unusual garden in to a magazine for everyone to see. You have a knack for this.
Brenda

texasdaisey said...

I just love garden junk. You have been so creative with yours. Great job.
Debbie