Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cactus Monday

This week more Sempervivums are on display.
This is a chain and frying pan birdfeeder my brother made me. I decided to turn it into a planter. What did I plant? You guessed it...A Semp!


Below is a watering can planter. It's not really a watering can it just resembles one. I thought it was the perfect spot to put another Sempervivum!

This old wire basket has a terra cotta chicken sitting on top that needs a few semps to be planted in it. I have been so busy I haven't gotten it done yet. I will do that this week. The Echeveria secunda glauca are doing great and beginning to bloom!


Next week hopefully the Rat Tail Cactus will be in bloom. They are almost there. Just a few more days and they should be opening their buds.
Happy Cactus Monday everyone!
Please stop by and see and say hi to Terri and...sign up to be part of the fun(-:

post signature

5 comments:

Outside In said...

Very Nice! Happy Cactus Monday!

Jacque said...

Nice plantings, we have a lot of bloomers right now. You have to look quick because some of the blooms only last one day. The very vibrant magentas and oranges just pop when you look in the green house.~Jacque

Meadowview Thymes said...

Hum...I love watering cans..and have one I think I should plant something in..what do you think??

Gail said...

Really excellent containers...I love them all, but the semps on the chicken planter look like big flower pins! Gail

CiNdEe said...

Hi Outside In,
Thanks!!! Happy CM to you too!!!

Hi Jacque,
I have a cactus that blooms around midnight in the summer. You have to go out to see it in the middle of the night to enjoy it(-:

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
I have several watering cans planted with Semps. They do great because the cans have holes in them.(-:

Hi Gail,
Thanks(-: The chicken planter has Echeveria and it does really great. Some cold years it will freeze but it comes back as soon as the weather warms up in the Spring.