»

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tutorial Saturday

Lets add a signature to your blog.
Start by accessing your settings. Click on pictures to see full size.



Next click on the icon that says settings.




Click on the icon that says formatting.




Scroll down to this box and this is where you will add your HTML for your signature. First you need to make a signature gif and upload it to photobucket or a simular freebie site.
You can also go to Mylivesignature.com and make one. You won't have as many choices as far as fonts/colors etc but it is pretty easy to do.
If you make your own signature like I did in paint shop or one of those other type programs then all you have to do is just copy the HTML that I have in my box and where it shows the address of my gif in red you will you delete that whole underlined red address and add the address to your gif. If you use the signature from Mylivesignature.com then you will get a generated html after you make your signature that you will copy and paste into the box. Piece of cake right? Yup!




Next save your changes.

Now view your blog to see if it worked. If you have a frame around your signature, which is a problem for some folks, heres what you do next. This is where it gets tricky if you don't know how to work HTML but its not hard you just have to follow the directions...

first go back to your layout page


Click on edit HTML


Click on picture to see directions


Remember to save your work. Now you should see the signature without a frame around it. Hopefully.(-:


If you have more questions send me an email and I will try to help you(-: It isn't as hard as it seems. The main thing is you don't erase something that isn't suppose to be erased or it won't work. You should preview the changes before you save them to make sure it is what you want. If not just go back and change it again and preview again. Then if it is the way you want it save it(-:



post signature

8 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Thanks cindee! i did it but it's now showing - i am thinking I need to post first though.

has jack tried a bulley stix or a moo tube? both are much better than rawhide - a dog can choke on that stuff.

CiNdEe said...

Hi My Little Family,
You do need to make a new post to see the signature(-:
Jack has not tried those. Do they sell them at PetCo or PetSmart? We don't have the Petfood Warehouse like you do here. He loves treats. He has to have a non corn product because he is allergic to corn. He loves pigs ears.

tina said...

Your signature adds such a personal touch to your blog. I always smile when I see it. And thanks for the tutorial. It's like the only way I learn. I'll have to try it sometime.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tina,
Well I have to teach myself all these crazy things if I want to do them. A picture tutorial does make it seem easier to me too(-: I love learning to do new things and its fun to share the info with others so they can do it if they want to(-: Thanks for stopping by!!(-:

Tootsie said...

good information..thanks!

WiseAcre said...

I don't have blogger but I could easily figure a way to insert a sig manually. (as an image)

But do I dare do it knowing what I might do?

CiNdEe said...

Hi WiseAcre,
Where there is a will there is a way(-: Just don't erase anything you shouldn't(-:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

That's awesome! thanks for sharing Cindee!