»

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ponds And More

This pond is made out of an old bathtub that use to supply my horse drinking water when I was a kid. It's been in the family for about 36 years. It was old when we got it.(-:
Another look at the Copper Float Fish.
My DH helped me redo their cooper tubing stakes. I wanted them to look more twisty. Since I can't solder he had to do that part(-: I need to learn how to do soldering!! Click on pictures to make them larger(-: The fish were fun to make. They are made out of toilet floats and copper sheeting. I bought the floats new at the hardware store. It was an expensive project to make but it was well worth it(-: Someone also made them out of the black rubber floats and they looked really cute too. Like a big Molly fish(-:


This is a close up of the buckets hanging on the waterbed pond. I have them filled mainly with sempervivums because that is one hot place in the summer time! Semps just grow like crazy in the heat!

This is an over all view of the waterbed pond. The Sentimental Rose is blooming well and it smells so good! There are three clematis on the bed frame but I am not sure what they are. They do well here too. I planted some nasturtiums around the side of the pond and this morning I saw a snail attacking one of them. I had to step on it.

post signature

18 comments:

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee .. your imagination is just amazing girl ! .. I love those fish : ) .. the water can waterfall is perfect .. I would so love to see your garden in person !!
Joy : )

Cinj said...

Those are so cute! Soldering is really no big deal. If I can do it, anyone can. That's how I fixed the fireplace in our old house. It was an good investment even it that would have ben the only time I ever used the $15 tool.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Joy,
Thanks. I like to have fun quirky things in my garden(-:

Hi Cinj,
Thanks(-:
I have watched my DH solder a lot of things and it doesn't look that hard. I just need to try it and practice(-: We have all the stuff.

tina said...

Love all your whimsy Cindee! Those fish are awesome. You are so crafty.

My Little Family: said...

CiNdEe I just LoVe your GaRdEN! Those copper fish are amaizing!

keewee said...

All I can say, is AWESOME!

Brenda said...

Cindee, that has to be the most inventive and creative pond I've ever had the pleasure of seeing! I wish I had one now! I will be on the lookout. You did a wonderful job.
Brenda

Garden tips said...

A great way to avoid throwing things away. The bath pond looks great!

Sue said...

lOVE YOUR GARDEN--PLEASE GIVE INSTRUCTIONS--ON MAKING THE FISH--I JUST LOVE'EM


SUE

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tina,
Thanks(-: It was fun to do(-:

Hi My Little Family,
Thanks!!!(-:

Hi KeeWee,
Thank You(-:

Hi Brenda,
I am sure you will find the pieces to make your own pond too(-:

Hi Garden Tips,
I love to use recycled things to make new creative things out of(-:
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hi Sue,
They are simple to make if you can solder. You just start out with a copper toilet float and go from there. I used copper sheeting to cut out the fins and tails and old washers for the eyes. The copper tubing was soldered on also to hold them up.

Meadowview Thymes said...

You are so creative Cindee! I love seeing pictures of your garden.
Are your nasturims blooming?? Please show me pictures!!

CiNdEe said...

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
Thanks(-:
The nasturtiums are not blooming yet. Soon I hope(-:

perennialgardener said...

I love the old bath that you turned into a pond, clever way to recycle it into something for the garden! Those fish are amazing, kudos to hubby for helping out. :)

Kathleen said...

Aww, I love those copper fish! Those are wonderful. Your whole pond is great. I'm just learning about them (as you know) and the plants that grow in them. Your watering can fountain is terrific too. You should have your garden featured in a magazine if it already hasn't been!

CiNdEe said...

Hi perennialgardener,
Thanks(-: I really enjoy seeing them there on the pond(-:

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks! I like to make fun things for the garden(-:

flowergardengirl said...

You could be a pro at this sort of thing. Your arrangements have so much class and uniqueness. The fish are perfect and I remember them from previous post when I was wowed. I'm not surprised you wanted to keep at them till you got it just how you wanted. You aren't just talented--you are in the super talented.

I'm nuts about the galvanized watering can arrangement. The rose planted close by is over the top brilliant.

CiNdEe said...

Hi flowergardengirl,
Thanks(-: When I got that bedframe at a garage sale I instantly thought how fun it would be to have a "waterbed pond" My husband thought I was losing it(-: A Flower Bed just wasn't enough for me(-: The watering cans and buckets my brother got for me at the recycling center. I had an over abundance of those and needed to put them to use(-: Fountain came to mind(-: That is how the idea got started(-:

Jenns Three Graces said...

I'm still looking for something to make some "tipsy" displays - I love your's! Get well girl!