Thursday, April 9, 2009

Making Bunuelos


Pronounced (boon-WAY-lows)
I am sure the Mexican way is different but here is how I make mine...

Start with fresh strawberries...



Wash them and slice them and add sugar to taste.




Cut a flour tortilla into wedges and fry. While still hot, sprinkle with a cinnamon and sugar mixture like you would cinnamon toast.



Top them off by drizzling strawberry syrup, your sliced strawberries and a bit of whipped cream!



Here is the finished result. They are yummy! Bet you can't just eat one!(-:


10 comments:

My Little Family: said...

YUMMY! I will have to try that. I am nutty for cinnamon. I don't know what Bunuelos means but I would call these fruit nachos.

cindee said...

Hi My Little Family,
I like that name best of all(-: Fruit (strawberry in this case)nachos!(-: Good one!!!!

WiseAcre said...

I doubt I'd ever make any. By the time the tortillas were fried the strawberries and whipped cream would have vanished.

cherry said...

not fair showing me something this yummy at bedtime !!!
hugs, Cherry

flowrgirl1 said...

Yummm. those look really good. never heard of them so thanks for sharing the recipe.

perennialgardener said...

They really do look delicious Cindee, thanks for sharing! ;)

cindee said...

Hi WiseAcre,
LOL Yeah it is hard to get them made with all those fresh strawberries sitting there(-:

Hi Cherry,
They are a good bedtime treat too!

Hi Flowrgirl1,
Thanks they were really good!

Hi Perennialgardener,
Thanks! You are welcome!!(-:

CatHerder said...

Oh NOW IM HUNGRY..mmmmm

Kathleen said...

You have to quit putting all these yummy treats on here Cindee!! They make me hungry. Anything with strawberries is always a favorite of mine, these look delicious. Happy Easter weekend.

This Eclectic Life said...

The only thing I have to say to this is "OMG!"