»

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Grasses Have Arrived!

You might recall that I was asking if anyone had seen a picture of a old bed frame planter filled with Japanese Forest grasses. Well, I never found that picture but I am going by what I remember.I really need to learn to save pictures I see so I don't lose them! Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered the grasses for it and they came today!
I got 2 Hakonechloa macra Beni-kaze and 4 Hakonechloa macra Aureola from Digging Dog Nursery.
I can't wait to see them grow and fill in the bed(-:


post signature

9 comments:

WiseAcre said...

Where's the bed ...and will you sleep in it?

CiNdEe said...

WiseAcre,
Only you would ask that(-: The bed will be for growing the grasses only. I won't be sawing logs in there anytime soon(-: Here is a link to the bed when I first got it and planted it with annuals(-:
Garden Bed

WiseAcre said...

I think the grasses will look far better in the bed than the annuals. Maybe throw in some brown eyed susans or something to add some blooming color.

I can understand not wanting to take a dirt nap. Hydroponics would be more comfortable.

CiNdEe said...

WiseAcre,(-:
Tomorrows post will show the waterbed pond. Although it would be possible to "sleep" on the waterbed it wouldn't be to comfy either(-:

My Little Family: said...

OK, here is an idea. if it's a bed, can you arrange the grasses so that it looks like a quilt (on the bed)?

CiNdEe said...

Hi My Little Family,
That is the plan. I got the different grasses so each will fill a different part of the bed. Hopefully it will look like a quilt/bedspread(-:

Gail said...

Cindee...This is going to be a fun project! gail

CiNdEe said...

Hi Gail,
I think it will too. I can still see that picture of that beautiful bed full of grasses in my mind. It was so pretty. Hopefully mine can be a somewhat like that one(-:

perennialgardener said...

Great idea to use grasses Cindee. Can't wait to see them as the season progresses. :)