»

Saturday, March 28, 2009

This field is in front of our house. I walk my dogs by there several times a day. We live on 5 acres so this is part of our property.

This is a picture standing in that field above. The mountain is Crater Peak in the Thousand Lakes Wilderness which is a popular back packing place.

This picture is of the pine tree where the Great Horned Owls are nesting.


Another picture in that same field looking at a large oak tree.


These are the frogs my brother rescued from the recycle bin for me. He was out for his noon run and stopped by to see what was there and found these! So he carried them back to work one in each hand as he ran. I can just picture that! (-: I love how they are already rusty, just the way I love them!(-:

4 comments:

WiseAcre said...

Beautiful scenes. Snow is OK as long as it's on a distant mountain.

I had to reread part of the post twice. I wondered how that mountain got there.

Funny how the mind works. I read 1000 Lakes and my mind said 1000 Islands. I live about an hour away from the 1000 Islands so my brain raced ahead of of my eyes.

perennialgardener said...

Beautiful views you have on your property. I would love to have that much property surrounding my home. Those are some cute Frogs, I can't believe someone threw those away. Great eye your brother had that day!

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

What a sweet brother you have! I envy your tranquil piece of land!
Brenda

Tootsie said...

I love the frogs...and your photos are outstanding!