Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Photos

Violets that grow everywhere in my yard(-:


I made this trellis for my clematis to grow on out of an old window. I removed the broken glass, painted it black, and stapled chicken wire to the back. I redid this corner recently and am anxiously waiting for things to grow in before I take a picture for you(-: I moved the shower pond and you can see the shower head in this picture too. I think this area will be much better in another month. Anyhow, here is a sneak peak of the window.

Clematis growing on new trellis

Star Magnolia bloom


Couldn't resist some black mondo grass when I was shopping at Target the other day. The mondo grass will go near the shower pond. There is already the plain green kind growing there now.

Another shot of the moon

Jacks morning walk


Jack going on a junk run. He loves going for a ride even if its only for a min.(-:

9 comments:

Kudzu said...

you can tell spring is coming! I see signs of it all around my yard,too. I found a bunch of green frogs in my clay pots, and you can hear them croaking at night. I think we'll take a walk and snap some photos!
Cherry/Kudzu

tina said...

I simply love that star magnolia. The more I see their pictures the more I know I must have one. The trellis is a very neat idea for clematis.

pammiejo said...

I bought a moon almost just like that yesterday at the Garden Show (saw them for $69 but mine was $12 - I like my price best). We're seeing a little green around here and it makes me itch to get Spring here. I like the window idea!! PAM

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee that is going to be gorgeous when it fills in !
Jack is too cute .. he looks like he is posing for the camera .. love the Star Magnolia .. very pretty !

Tatyana said...

Cindee, what a great idea with the clematis window! And you did it all by yourself, good for you! Mondo grass is a very good purchase. I like it because it multiplies! I bought one plant and now I have half a dozen of them. Some plants stayed in a pot through the winter and look great. Jack looks like a happy dog. Thanks for such a good post!

My Little Family: said...

You are so clever! I love the photo of Jack in the car.

perennialgardener said...

You are so clever making a window frame into a trellis. It looks great! Jack is such a cutie, I love the photos of him walking through the yard & in the car. Him & my little jack russell mix Spaz would be fast friends. ;)

Meadowview Thymes said...

I love that moon! Great idea for a trellis!

Skeeter said...

Jack looks like he is getting ready to have a town speach on the stump! Love the window and may have to steal this idea from you! It is great and I have the perfect place for it. Now, to find an old window or to make one. Hummmmm.