»

Monday, November 24, 2008

Preparing for the Dinner


I have the turkey in the fridge. All the ingredients are bought and ready to be used. So far we have 9 coming to our feast. I plan on making another homemade pumpkin pie. I have another pumpkin to cook and puree. I think I will work on that part tomorrow so it is ready to use. Does everyone decorate their tables or just use paper? I plan to bring out the Thanksgiving dishes. At first I was not sure how many people were coming but now that I know I will have plenty of dishes to use. I did buy Thanksgiving paper plates and napkins for the desserts. I can't wait to get started. I have the whole week off to relax so this should be a fun week!!! I hope everyone is doing well and having a great time with friends and family!

7 comments:

Skeeter said...

I will be going home for Thanksgiving so looking forward to family and friends!

I will be singing off for a while now though as lots to do. I hope you and your family have a Great Thanksgiving feast! I may drop by for pie... :)

Gail said...

Cindee,

We aren't doing a thing...just heading over to friends' homes to celebrate with them...our son will not be home until Christmas! Have a wonderful holiday...it sounds like you have it all together!

Gail

Meadowview Thymes said...

I am going to post about this very thing! There will just be 7 of us. Small family! I use dishes my Mother bought when I was a little girl. We always called them the Thanksgiving dishes!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Cinj said...

I should use paper plates, but never do. That's what the dishwasher is for! We have a small family anymore anyway since sis and her clan moved to Ohio and never comes up to visit. Mom hasn't been out to the "new" place either, so it'll be the 4 of us plus MIL and BIL.

Kudzu said...

A very small gathering, but using the nice dishes...I just can't decide which ones! I've been dusting, and trying to decide where to stash my crafting supplies that I keep by the dining table.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Cherry

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

I can't believe you actually have time to relax and you're going to puree a pumpkin. I wouldn't even know how to attempt such a feat! Some gardener I am, huh? I'm too lazy (or won't come in long enough) to even bake a pumpkin pie out of a can. I bought mine at the grocery store bakery!
Brenda

Rick said...

A Happy Thanksgiving to you and to yours!