»

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bat Pattern




Here is the pattern for you that wanted it. Just click on the picture and print it out. You can cut it smaller if you want. It is the size I used. Just cut out the pieces and trace them on your material. Don't cut the material out just sew it that way. After your done sewing slit a hole in the back of the wings and body. Turn right side out and stuff with batting. Then hand stitch it closed. Paint and sand and antique or whatever your heart desires(-: after its dry you can put a piece of wire in the wings to be able to bend them. A piece of bailing wire works great if you have it but a small sized coat hanger will also work.

8 comments:

Nola @ AlamoNorth said...

Thanks a million, bat girl! I'm not as crafty. Do I understand correctly, to PAINT and SAND the fabric? I have never done that, but if you say so, I'll give it a try...Hope it doesn't drive me...BATTY! haha

GardenJoy4Me said...

Cindee !
There you go girl ! You are finally getting in full swing with the mood of Halloween ? LOL

cindee said...

Hi nola,
Yup you first paint the bat black then you take a fingernail file one of those paper kinds you get at Walmart etc. course kind are best. Then just sand away till it turns all soft and greyish(-: Then rub it with antiquing paint. You can get that at Michaels. Brown works good. You just paint it on and wipe it off. Supa easy right? LOL If you have questions just ask I can try and help(-:

Hi Joy,
Yeah I am trying to get in the "spirit" of things(-:

Patsi said...

I thought you had BATS !!
Very creative.

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Why thank you. My boys will just love this.

tina said...

I thought it would be the way bats fly. lol You must be seriously into crafts as well as gardening. Such good talents to have!

Skeeter said...

How nice of you to share your pattern with others!

Alex said...

Hope you have a good weekend! :)