»

Monday, July 21, 2008

What "Can" I do today????

Last summer I bought a disabled tin man at the flea market for 1.00. I set him aside and forgot about him until lately. As you probably know, I have been hanging out inside the house due to the air quality from the fires. Today I decided it was time to re-visit the tin man and see what work needed to be done to get him back to life... In a garden junk kinda way(-: So here is what I did...

This is what he looked like when I bought him. He was in pieces and quite a sad little man. He needed to be re-wired and painted.




This is what Mr. Tin Man looks like now...I decided he needed a new face too.
I didn't care for the painted on look. I used silicone glue to glue his new face on.
I loved how the original person made his nose. It is very unique. I didn't change that. I used old washers and nuts for his eyes and a piece of copper wire for his mouth.
I like his "cowboy" hat too. He is a real rootin' tootin' cowboy! (-:



15 comments:

Anna said...

Cindee, that is the coolest looking tin man. Really clever of you to bring him back to life. And you found the perfect spot for him too. I love it.

Peggy said...

I love him!!

Laurie Fischer said...

That is so cool! I love your tin man.

Eve said...

He is fabulous. I love the silicone glue. It is what I used for my bowling balls turned gazing balls.

I love, love Garden junk. I try to rotate it though so people don't think I am one fry short of a happy meal. LOL

I will of course have to make a tin man. I made one almost like him out of clay pots one time. I have a pic on my garden blog,,one of the first ones I think. I called him potman. He is huge but he could be made on a much smaller scale.

Cinj said...

How cool is he! Great job. Way to bring him back to life. He is so bright and shiny now you'd never even know that other tin man was him!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Cindee you never cease to amaze me with your talent! How cute!!!

Susie said...

I love your tin man. He is so cute!!!

Katie said...

That garden art fellow is mighty cute!

Renna said...

Cindee, he is adorable!!! You are so very creative!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Wow!!! Cindee, you ROCK!

Rick said...

Recycled tin cans, recycled washers and nuts. EnviroArt for sure!

Outer Banks Mom said...

Love that!!! You have the greatest ideas cindee! I hope you get clean, clear skies soon. Stay inside and protect yourself from that smoke. My bronchitis was terrible and there's nothing worse than not being able to breathe :(

chuck b. said...

Cindee--you are so talented! You could sell things like this for money!

Perennial Gardener said...

I love your little tin man! He's so cute. I made a little garden guy once out of terracotta pots. He lasted a few seasons. Linda from Meadowview Thymes told me to come visit so I could see all your whimsical garden art!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I love your tin man, what a bargain! He looks incredible after you put him back together :)