Monday, July 21, 2008
Last summer I bought a disabled tin man at the flea market for 1.00. I set him aside and forgot about him until lately. As you probably know, I have been hanging out inside the house due to the air quality from the fires. Today I decided it was time to re-visit the tin man and see what work needed to be done to get him back to life... In a garden junk kinda way(-: So here is what I did...
This is what he looked like when I bought him. He was in pieces and quite a sad little man. He needed to be re-wired and painted.
This is what Mr. Tin Man looks like now...I decided he needed a new face too.
I didn't care for the painted on look. I used silicone glue to glue his new face on.
I loved how the original person made his nose. It is very unique. I didn't change that. I used old washers and nuts for his eyes and a piece of copper wire for his mouth.
I like his "cowboy" hat too. He is a real rootin' tootin' cowboy! (-: