»

Saturday, July 19, 2008





The guys had a Boy Scout Sailing, Canoeing, Boating day at the lake today. It was extremely smokey but, they all had a good time. This black bear was hanging out at the marina. Probably displaced by the fires in the area.


Update...Here are some before the fires pictures. You use to be able to see the sky. It was clear and beautiful. We went out boating just before all the fires started. This was on June 1st. Now part of the mountains are burned. Hopefully we can go to the lake again soon when the fires are out and the sky is blue again. Until then we just have pictures of how it was...


That's Captain Jack


Looking back at the marina where the bear was in previous picture


More pretty blue sky with a few clouds. No Smoke!!!!

7 comments:

Renna said...

Wow, that's a little closer than I'd care to be to Smokie. ;-Þ

Eve said...

Ah, yeah! You are one brave woman. Did he turn and look at you? I had rather see that bear than have that bear see me!

Anna said...

I would have packed up my gear and headed out the minute this guy came calling. Glad your family didn't get eaten. Is that smoke ever going to go away--good grief--you have sure had enough. My eyes and sinuses would be killing me. Hugs!!

cindee said...

Hi Renna, Yeah that was mighty close. (-:

Hi Eve, I wasn't there so I didn't have to be to close(-: It was just my husband and son other leaders and the Boy Scouts(-: I stayed home. To smokey outside for me.

Hi Anna, You can see how smokey it is in the first picture. The sky is usually so pretty and blue. I should put a comparison picture from a previous trip on there. I was all stuffed up yesterday. The smoke was worse yesterday for some reason. My summer vacation is almost over and I have spent most of it inside. That is no fun)-:

Meadowview Thymes said...

I am so sorry for the fires and all the smoke. You have such a great attitude--so positive! I hope it clears out really soon for you. (The hibiscus is beautiful!)

Anna said...

Wow Cindee--I'm so sorry that the view and beauty is not there right now. Makes me sad. It takes a long time to recouperate from such damage when the fire destroys so much. It last a lifetime.

I bet you do feel like you didn't have a vacation. My sinuses have been killing me too. I don't know what is causing mine.

中島 彰信 said...

Quite wild. Wonderful.