Wednesday, July 9, 2008

High 113 Today


This is an unaltered sunset picture...creepy huh?

Some YouTube videos to watch of the fires burning Click Here.

There are several videos on the page you can watch of the Martin Mars water plane from Canada. Very interesting stuff.(-: All these fires are within a few mins. of where I live. So far we are safe from immediate danger.

So far the Hens are hanging in there. I changed their water several times today and added more of the powder. I think they are wondering what I am doing with that. (-:
Its to hot and smokey to go outside so I am sitting in the house watching t.v.
So many people are losing their homes to fires. It is really scary and sad. I guess there is not much they can do. The fires are just eating up the country.
About 8 years ago we had a terrible fire burn through here and we almost lost our home, so I know what it is like to go through that. It is something you don't get over. You are totally helpless and scared. We were so lucky we had my Dad, DH and Son here to help with building fire trails around the house and watering the roof...or it would have went up in a puff of smoke. The pine trees were literally blowing up. I watched from about a mile away on the road as one after another just went up in a ball of flames. It was totally amazing. You could see the fire just rip across the land and keep on going. I really thought our house was gone at that point. It was all because of my Dad, DH and Son that it was saved. So a big thanks to my guys!!(-: Although it was a dangerous operation and I would never recommend anyone staying and trying to fight a fire on their own. My dad use to fight wild fires back in the day so he knew what he was doing. I just pray things get under control soon.

11 comments:

~~ Melissa said...

I'll double that prayer. I'm sure once you've seen it, you could never forget what it can do. xo

Renna said...

I can't imagine what that would be like, Cindee, but it sounds horrific.

We have relatives in CA who nearly lost their home last summer. It burned their nearest neighbor's home and it burned down their wooden privacy fence, but praise God, their home was saved, and they were, praising God!

cindee said...

Thanks Melissa!

Hi Renna, I feel for your relatives and their neighbors. That is very sad.

chuck b. said...

Stay safe!

Cinj said...

That would be so scary. I hope you stay safe. Maybe we could send those torrential rains I drove through over that way, I bet that would help get things under control double quick!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Oh I'm so sorry, Cindee... I pray for you all to get some rain SOON!!
Sorry about the little chickie, too...

Jamie said...

Having grown up in southern California I know what its like to be near those fires. My house was never near the threat though. I can't imagine how you sleep at night? Let alone just breathing the air. Ick. My thoughts are with you.

PS: I love you 4th of July decor. :)

Rob said...

How terrible that must be Cindee! I cannot imagine what you must be feeling. I truly hope that the fires are controlled and pass away quickly.

I wish we could send you some of our rain!

Anna said...

Cindee this is so awful and I never get you off my mind. I hoope the plants are doing ok. Seems like the chickens are adjusting after your water and special treat,ment.I bet all this is so expensive to keep up with. Hugs to ya. I know it's tough.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I went to Texas once....it was about that temperature then :)....just once. That is sooo hot! I'd stay inside too, stay cool!

Anna said...

Cindee that is some kind of awful ya'll are going through. We see it on the tv and can't even imagine. It's so stressful for you right now. You sure have a good attitude about it. I hope this passes and stops the madness. Are you OK today?