Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Babies, Finally!!!!!




You might remember back in April that I received the leaves for several violets. I had never ordered them that way before so I was sceptical. I gave it a try by dipping each leaf into rooting hormone and planting in little pots. I waited...waited and waited some more. Finally this morning as I was making my coffee I looked and to my surprise there were two pots with babies poking through the dirt! What a wonderful surprise!!! Hopefully the rest follow shortly!!!!(-:

3 comments:

Brenda Kula said...

Surprises like that I can take!
Brenda

cindee said...

Yeah Brenda, Some surprises are good(-:

Rick said...

Kool! Violets. Just yesterday I put two violet pots on my Christmas list for this year. How funny you should post about them. My grandmother had beautiful violets in her eastern window. I asked her how she kept them so beautiful once, she said "Oh, I don't know. I just them a teaspoon of water a day. They seem to like that." Indeed they did.