»

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Light The Torch

Or maybe just grab a flashlight!!!!!
If you want to see this cactus flower, (Peruvian Torch)
you have to view it at night. It blooms only after dark. My friend at work gave me several pieces of this cactus last month. I planted them in a pot and was anxiously awaiting to see it flower. I forgot what she told me it was called. I took pictures of the buds but today when I was out looking at it, it seemed to have already bloomed. )-: How could I have missed it? I did a little searching on the net to see what type of cactus it was and how it bloomed. Well duhhhh its a night blooming cactus. No wonder I didn't see it before!!! I felt like poor Mr. Wilson in the that movie "Dennis the Mennis" !!!! Anyhow, I was finally able to see it and take a picture. (-: Enjoy!!!!

Daytime picture...


Daytime picture...


Tonight...


Another tonight picture...

3 comments:

Peggy said...

wow! that is beautiful!

Renna said...

It's gorgeous, Cindee!

I used to plant Moonflower seeds around my mailbox. They were never heavy bloomers for me, though, so when I noticed new buds during the day, it was very exciting. What a disappointment when I'd forget to go outside at night to see the lovely, and intoxicating blooms. Each bloom lasted only for a night.

em said...

wow, beautiful! is that indoors?