»

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cactus Blooming


Cactus Bud


Open Bloom


Another Open Bloom
The center of the bloom is very interesting. It has a lot of stamens that are close together making it look like a tongue. This seems to be the highlight of my garden at the moment.


One More Open Bloom

Not sure what this cactus is. I bought it at a garage sale last summer and it was not blooming at the time. I thought it was a barrel cactus but I looked at pictures on line and it does not look like one. Anyhow the flower opened this morning. I have been waiting and checking every day to see its progress and today was the day. Its really pretty I think.(-: I hope you enjoy it too(-:

7 comments:

Brenda Kula said...

That would be the highlight of any garden! What a lovely color too!
Brenda

Lin said...

Beautiful cactus, though I'm not sure of its name either. Your photos are nice and sharp. What type of camera are you using?

Do you have a lot of cacti? I have a section of it and I'm always amazed at how beautiful they are when they bloom. (I like them when they aren't blooming, too.) With CA being in an official drought, I notice more people are going to cacti and other plants that require little water. It's about time!

Outer Banks Mom said...

Beautiful!

cindee said...

Hi Brenda, Thanks!! It is a welcome sight thats for sure(-:

Lin, I am using an olddddd Sony Steadyshot mvc-cd1000 camera. It's about 8 years old.(-: I really want to get a new one. My DH has his eye on a new model that is coming out soon. He wants to get the right one. So he isn't in a hurry like I am...lol I also have a little Sony Cyber-shot Smart zoom DSC-p100 that is nice for fast pictures but doesn't take good ones. I have several cactus that I have collected all in pots. They do really well here in the heat. I really enjoy seeing the flowers they produce too!!! I still have to water them but not as much as other plants.

Hi outerbanksmom! Thanks!!!!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Hi Cindee. I love cactus--wish I had more of it!

You have been tagged! Please visit my blog! : )

Linda

Teresa said...

what a delicate shade of pink! it is a beautiful cactus.

cindee said...

Hi Theresa,
It is a pretty color. The bloom lasted only one day and now its gone. It takes so long to bloom for just one day...oh well at least I got to enjoy it(-: Thanks for stopping by my blog(-: