»

Monday, April 28, 2008

Snow Balls in April


The snowball bush is just blooming like crazy. Had to share this picture with you all today(-: I use to have this pruned into a tree form. Last summer it all died back to the trunk. I am not sure what happened. I thought it was completely dead but then all of a sudden it started growing new shoots from the ground. I just left it alone. I think I will just leave it be now. I might prune a little here and there but I think I like it in a bush form rather then the tree form it was in. Especially in this location. I have another snowball bush pruned into a tree in my front planter. It seems to do just fine there. Both were bought at the same time. The one if front might get more water but that's about it. The blooms sure are pretty though. Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Brenda Kula said...

The other day I was at a plant nursery and a woman came up to my neighbor and asked where to get this plant. It is beautiful. I'll have to look into finding one for myself. It must look lovely in the moonlight.
Brenda

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I like these kind of April snow balls. I've had to deal with the cold, wet kind too often.

Terra Hangen said...

I have long admired snowball bushes, and haven't planted one yet. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Melanie said...

Cindee, your Viburnum blooms are beautiful! Just one of mine has begun to bloom and it's not the snowball variety but I still love it so much. Isn't spring just lovely when all the trees and shrubs are full of flowers?

This Eclectic Life said...

I don't believe I've ever seen a snow ball bush (or tree for that matter). The flowers are lovely. Do they have a scent?

Robin's Nesting Place said...

My mother-in-law had this shrub when she lived in Alabama. She is the only person I know of who had it.
She is in the nursing home now and I'd love to get one in her honor.

cindee said...

Benda,
Yes they are beautiful in the Moonlight!!! Thanks for commenting!

Mr. M Daughter...
Snow in April would be hard to deal with. But these do fall off the bush and need to be cleaned up...(-:

Terra,
Your welcome(-:

Melanie,
I do love Spring and all the flowers it brings(-:

Shelly,
They don't have a scent. But their beauty makes up for it(-: These flowers prepare everyone for the Hydrangea blooms later in the season!!

Robin,
This is one of the first plants I got when I moved into my home. I had one at my old house and just loved it so much. It only blooms in the Spring but I really do enjoy it(-: I am going to check and see if I have a start for you(-:

notsocrafty.com said...

Those are lovely!
Such bright white flowers.

Lin in Southern CA said...

Viburnum...very pretty! I love white flowers...they're especially nice in the moon light on a warm summer evening.

I wonder if rabbits are particularly fond of this plant.