»

Friday, April 25, 2008

Hen Chat



The wood duck was checking out the chickens so I had to get a quick picture. She is quite the little character.(-: Its hard to get her to stand still long enough to take a picture. I am going to go down to the pond tomorrow and try and see if the eggs have hatched yet in the wood duck boxes. There are two boxes and there were two mated pairs there. Its been about 28 days now so maybe I can see something. Hopefully they all hatched and have survived. I will let you know.

Update: In 6 nests I checked this morning 0 were used this year )-: Thats not good. I have several more nests to check. I will do that soon and post it here. Pictures of pond below:

2 comments:

Lin said...

Must be fun to have a pond and ducks! I used to have a pet duck. He was a great watchduck!

Here, in San Diego County, we're having a mini-heatwave...almost 85 on my back patio. Hot where you are, too?

cindee said...

Yes its been warm here too 80+ another one today probably too!!! Weird weather here lately. Last week I was freezing. We love living here where there is tons of wildlife around us.(-: